for some weeks now no official release.....as you can imagine there are several reasons for it. First awesome new shiny KitKat AOSP version arrived where we have a lot lot work to do on. As well we worked a lot to get rid of the last mainly device specific bugs on the final 4.3.1 and decided today to publish the last stable 4.3.1 version to the public. The devices got a lot upstream as well we fixed some security issues. A small and dirty Changelog for the main fixes see below. Gapps please use still the 2.0 gapps. Installinstructions as usual see below.
For SlimKat we will start rolling out for a bunch of devices next week with the usual weeklies cycle.
Have fun thanks for the support and patience and enjoy when you are still on SlimBean and not on the already very stable SlimKat ;)
- SuperUser security fixes
- Several BT fixes
- Selinux security ehancements
- LID controll fix
- some translation upstrem
- nearly all device got device and kernel updates
SlimKat installation instructions
Be sure to follow these instructions to the letter.
The first thing to do is to make sure you have the latest recovery installed.
Note that recommended recovery (CWM or TWRP) varies from device to device so make sure you check our forums for your device's thread and install the recommended recovery stated in the OP. The easiest way to flash the recovery is to either use Goo Manager app for TWRP and Rom Manager app for CWM.
Download latest SlimKat and latest gapps and put on your sd card.
Reboot to recovery.
In recovery make a full wipe as per these instructions:
In CWM perform wipe data/factory reset and in mount section format system.
In TWRP choose advanced in wipe section and wipe dalvik cache, cache, system and data.
Flash SlimKat rom zip.
Flash SlimKat gapps zip.
Reboot, setup and enjoy.
SlimBean 4.3 installation instructions
After there is a some confusion about how to install 4.3, here is a list of what's absolutely necessary
- full wipe (means: wipe data / factory reset and format /system)
- install Slim 4.3 ROM
- install Slim 4.3 gapps
Some Clarification for Slim Bean:
- Always full wipe if you came from 4.2.2 or any other 4.3 ROM
- At the moment, just use Slim gapps, there are problems with other gapps atm (incompatible or outdated libs in other actual gapps packages)
- "format /system" in addition to "wipe data factory reset" is needed, some restore scripts could mess up your pretty new installation
- Root access works in another way in 4.3 then it was before. It is disabled by default. If you want to have root access go into your Superuser application or in Settings->Developer options and enable it. Please note as well that currently some third party kernels are around which may break root.
- If you use TitaniumBackup you need to change in settings you backup/restore path to "legacy"